When looking for an air compressor, you can choose between buying new or used. This decision comes after deciding the specific type of compressor you need. There are plenty of pros and cons for either option and diverse factors to your choice. We’re here to help you outline the advantages and disadvantages of a new and used compressor.
Benefits of purchasing new air compressors
Buying new comes with many advantages. As long as the new equipment is being used often, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Receive the latest technology: Just like anything new, new air compressors use the latest tech to make operations run smooth. You also won’t have to worry about your compressor breaking down anytime soon.
- Higher efficiency: New air compressors typically use power more efficiently than a used option. New machinery rarely has leaks, clogged air filters or incorrect pressure readings, all of which impact your compressor’s efficiency.
- Long life span: New machinery naturally has a longer lifespan than older compressors. A brand new compressor equals a brand new start.
- Higher return on investment (ROI): As you decide which system will work for you, you’ll wonder which has the best ROI between used or new air compressors. You’ll get the most value from a new unit, thanks to its longer lifespan and quality components.
Disadvantages of purchasing a new air compressor
The main disadvantage of purchasing a new air compressor is its cost. You’re going to pay more for something new compared to a used one. However, it’s an investment that will pay off in the long-term.
Benefits of Purchasing a Used Air Compressors
As with new, used air compressors have their own advantages. You’ll receive the following benefits:
- Lower Up-Front Cost: The most appealing benefit of buying used equipment is the lower price. Sometimes you can even buy multiple used air compressors for the same price you could get for one new air compressor.
- No Initial depreciation: Just like a new car, once a brand new air compressor is bought it’s value depreciates immediately. That problem doesn’t exist when you have used compressors.
- Quality Refurbishments: You might find yourself with a high-quality refurbished machine. Components may be new which would give you a more efficient and long-lasting system. If you’re not sure if the used air compressor has refurbished parts, take the time to check out the specs. You might find yourself with a great deal.
Disadvantages of Purchasing a Used Air Compressor
When it comes to used compressors, a lot of the time you get what you paid for.
There is also a lack of the latest technology, unknown lifespan, and few warranty options, which all provide their own value.
Have you decided which air compressor is right for you? If you’re looking for new compressors contact us today and let us help you figure out your best options!