Preventive Maintenance is an essential part of keeping your air compressor running at optimal levels. Although PM can seem costly if you aren’t used to regularly servicing your compressor, the biggest expense you face is downtime should your equipment fail. What exactly is included in a PM service?
There are two intervals at which you should get your compressor serviced: quarterly and annually. Read below for a breakdown of what happens at each:
- Change Air and Oil Filters: regular maintenance of filtration improves oil quality to ensure extended life of your air compressor.
- Perform In-depth Multi-point Checklist – a full inspection of the equipment. Check for things such as exposed wires and loose fittings. We bring recommended corrective maintenance to the forefront and inform the customer of any needed repairs.
- Blowout Coolers – without proper airflow across air and oil coolers, there can be a negative impact on the operating air temperature. Increased air temperature can lead to breakdown of oil and possible machinery failure due to high-temp shutdown. Failure = downtime.
- Oil Samples – as needed per manufacturer warranty requirements.
- Clean Compressor Area – ensure the compressor region is free of debris that can get sucked into the air intake filter.
- All services included in Quarterly Preventive Maintenance.
- Change Compressor Oil – people think they can run their compressors for a certain length of time based on oil type (i.e. an 8,000 hourr oil can run for four years if using 2,000 hours/year). While this is true if the equipment is running at perfect factory settings, such as 0% humidity, 70° ambient temp, most compressors are typically housed outdoors under awnings. Although they are protected from the elements, they aren’t protected from Texas temperatures.
- Change air oil separator – help prevent oil carryover problems.
At 3C Industrial it is our goal to help save you significant time and resources by taking proactive measures to ensure your equipment is taken care of. Keep your air compressors running smoothly with Preventive Maintenance. Invest in protecting your equipment and your business from downtime. Schedule your PM today.